CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan caseMay 23rd, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 23 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday questioned a cabinet minister of Andhra Pradesh in YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s illegal assets case.
Minister for excise Mopidevi Venkatramna was questioned by CBI officials for over six hours at Dilkusha Guest House, the camp office of the investigating agency. The minister told reporters that the CBI has asked him to appear again on Thursday.
The minister was questioned about the land allotments made to Vanpic company for a port project when he was minister for infrastructure and investment in the cabinet of Jaganmohan Reddy’s father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Soon after the questioning, the minister drove to the camp office of Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy to meet him.
This is the second time the CBI questioned Mopidevi in the case. The minister was earlier grilled by the CBI in March. This time, the questioning took place after the arrest of leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, one of the promoters of the Vanpic project.
The investigating agency is currently questioning Prasad and a former bureaucrat K.V. Brahmananda Reddy.
The CBI has so far questioned three ministers in the state. Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy, who held the mines portfolio in YSR’s cabinet, was grilled by the agency May 18.
Last month, the CBI had questioned Minister for Roads and Buildings, Dharmana Prasada Rao.
They were among six ministers who were issued notices by the Supreme Court March 12, asking them why their role should not be probed with regard to the 26 government orders issued during the tenure of Rajasekhara Reddy, who died in a helicopter crash in 2009.
The orders allegedly benefited certain companies in the form of lands and licenses, and in return, they invested in the firms owned by Jagan.
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan assets case - May 18, 2012
- Andhra minister resigns after CBI names him in charge sheet - Aug 15, 2012
- Andhra minister named in Jagan's illegal assets case - Aug 13, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- CBI begins grilling Jagan for second day - May 26, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- CBI again grills BCCI chief in Jagan wealth case - Jun 23, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad, IRS officer in Jagan case (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: allotments, brahmananda, bureaucrat, cabinet minister, cbi officials, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, government orders, helicopter crash, home minister, indra, industrialist, investigating agency, jagan, kiran kumar, party leader, prasad, sabita, ysr