CBI detains NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Lead)June 7th, 2009 - 1:52 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 7 (IANS) Padamsinh Patil, a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP and a former Maharashtra home minister, was detained by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) late Saturday night in connection with the murder of a Congress leader in 2006, official sources said here.
The detention came after Patil, who represents Osmanabad in the Lok Sabha, was questioned till late into the night, the sources said.
Congress leader Pavan Raje Nimbalkar, who was Patil’s cousin, was shot dead by two gunmen at Kalamboli near here July 3, 2006 after he was lured there under the pretext of striking a business deal.
The CBI had last week arrested two people who have been charged with Nimbalkar’s killing. The duo have revealed that they had also been given a contract to kill Magsaysay Award winner and social activist Anna Hazare.
- CBI arrests NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI questions NCP MP - Jun 07, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
- Two Uttar Pradesh criminals involved in Nimbalkar's murder: Police - Jun 09, 2009
- Accused NCP MP sent to CBI custody till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP arrested for Congress leader's murder (Fifth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- Forensic experts to probe murder of Maharashtra Congress leader - Jun 11, 2009
- CBI raids NCP leader Padamsinh Patil's residence - Jun 19, 2009
Tags: anna hazare, award winner, business deal, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress leader, cousin, gunmen, home minister, late saturday night, Lok Sabha, maharashtra, mp, nationalist congress party, ncp, pavan, pretext, raje, social activist