CBI arrests Jaganmohan Redddy’s aideJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 2 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Monday night arrested Jagati Publications Private Limited (JPPL) vice-president, Vijay Sai Reddy, a close aide of Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, in the illegal assets case against YSR Congress party chief.
The CBI officials were also searching the offices of “Sakshi”, the Telugu daily and television channel owned by the MP, in his presence.
CBI Joint Director V.V. Lakshminarayana confirmed that Vijay Sai Reddy was arrested after day long questioning at Dilkusha guest house here.
“We arrested him at 7 p.m. and will produce him in the court tomorrow (Tuesday),” he said.
The CBI booked a case against him under seven sections of Indian Penal Code including those relating to cheating and abetment.
Vijay Sai Reddy, a close aide of Jaganmohan Reddy, is the second accused in the case.
This is the first arrest made in the case. As the auditor of the family of late chief minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, Sai Reddy is believed to have all the information about their assets.
The CBI had registered a case against Jaganmohan Reddy and others in August last year following a direction from the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
The court direction came on petitions by state minister P. Shankar Rao and leaders of Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
The petitioners alleged that the investors who invested in JPPL and other companies owned and promoted by the MP at very high premiums were doing so as a quid pro quo for the favours doled out by his father and the then chief minister, late Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
- Jagan's aide Vijay Sai Reddy to be produced in court Tuesday - Jan 03, 2012
- Jagan's aide Vijay Sai Reddy sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Jagan's aide remanded in CBI custody till Jan 9 - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI seeks court nod for Jagan aide's narco test - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI grills Vijay Sai in Jagan's assets case - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan in illegal mining case - Nov 02, 2011
- Jagan aide's judicial remand extended till Jan 31 - Jan 17, 2012
- Jagan's aide again released on bail - Apr 30, 2012
- CBI files second charge sheet in Jagan assets case - Apr 23, 2012
- CBI seeks custody of two officials in Jagan's assets case - Feb 14, 2012
- Jagan aide's judicial custody extended - Feb 21, 2012
- Court rejects CBI plea for narco test on Jagan aide (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Andhra high court cancels Jagan aide's bail - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, cbi officials, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, court direction, court tomorrow, favours, guest house, indian penal code, party chief, petitioners, petitions, premiums, rao, shankar, state minister, television channel, telugu, ysr