Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accusedMay 26th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Police Saturday supplied transcript copies of the CD of the 2008 cash-for-vote scam sting operation to the seven accused in the case, including former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh.
A Special Judge had earlier directed Delhi Police, which is probing the case, in the matter. Judge Sangeeta Madan Dhingra had also asked it to complete the scrutiny of relevant documents at the earliest.
On July 22, 2008, some BJP MPs had waved wads of currency notes on the floor of Lok Sabha during the trust vote faced by the UPA-I government, claiming they were given the money to vote in favour of the government.
Amar Singh, Sudheendra Kulkarni, Ashok Argal, two ex-BJP MPs Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahabir Singh Bhagora, along with Amar Singh’s former aide Sanjeev Saxena and alleged BJP activist Suhail Hindustani are accused in the case.
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Court pulls up cash-for-vote accused for wearing sunglasses - May 28, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Accused appears in court, warrant cancelled - Aug 22, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Expose beneficiaries of cash-for-vote: Kulkarni - Nov 18, 2011
- Police response sought on bail plea of Amar Singh's ex-aide (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Government indeed tried to buy MPs, says BJP - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP exempted from attending trial court (Second Lead) - Nov 01, 2011
- PM, Sonia must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: Gadkari (Lead) - Nov 20, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Bail pleas of Kulkarni, two others, to be heard Oct 13 - Oct 07, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- No bail for Advani's former aide, ex BJP MPs - Oct 21, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: ashok, bjp, currency notes, delhi police, dhingra, hindustani, Lok Sabha, mahabir, matter judge, party leader, relevant documents, Samajwadi Party, saxena, special judge, sting operation, suhail, transcript copies, trust vote, UPA, wads