Case against Lalu for landing chopper at rally venueApril 7th, 2009 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 7 (IANS) The district administration in Jharkhand’s Garwah district Tuesday lodged cases against Railways Minister and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad for landing his helicopter dangerously as well as violating the model code of conduct.
A First Information Report (FIR) has been lodged against Lalu Prasad and the pilot for landing the helicopter at the rally venue, which was dangerous as well as a violation of the model code of conduct, Garwah Deputy Commissioner Vijay Kumar Singh told IANS by phone.
Helicopter pilot Jagjit Singh was arrested but later released on bail, he said.
The RJD chief came to Garwah to address a rally for his party candidate Nagmani, who is contesting for the Chatra Lok Sabha seat.
Lalu Prasad’s helicopter landed at the venue of rally instead of the helipad, thus violating the model code of the conduct. The FIR was lodged at the Garwah district police station.
Earlier in the day, another FIR was lodged against him in Kishanganj district of Bihar for delivering a provocative speech that seemingly threatened BJP candidate Varun gandhi.
- Election Commission notice to Lalu Prasad - Apr 14, 2009
- Lalu arrested, released in unsafe chopper landing case - Apr 14, 2009
- Lalu held, released on bail - Apr 14, 2009
- EC to verify Lalu's claim on unsafe chopper landing - Apr 15, 2009
- FIR against Lalu for violating code of conduct - Nov 01, 2010
- 33 percent voting in Bihar polls, FIR against Lalu (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- FIR against Lalu, Nitish cries 'law breaker' (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- FIR against Jharkhand speaker for poll violations - May 25, 2012
- Police orders arrest of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha - Jan 23, 2011
- Digvijay Singh booked for landing chopper at rally venue - Apr 17, 2009
- Shatrughan Sinha: Faces Arrest Warrant In Bihar - Jan 24, 2011
- Sporadic trouble in round four of Bihar polls (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2010
- Poll panel notice to Lalu, Rabri - Apr 09, 2009
- Bihar's fourth phase witnesses 45 per cent voter turnout - Nov 01, 2010
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: bihar, chatra, deputy commissioner, district administration, district police station, fir, gandhi, helicopter pilot, helipad, information report, jagjit singh, janata, jharkhand, lalu prasad, Lok Sabha, model code, nagmani, party candidate, ranchi, vijay kumar