Case against Kerala home minister, Vijayan over missing fileApril 13th, 2009 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 13 (IANS) A Kerala court Monday ordered the police to register a case against Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan and Communist Party of India-Marxist state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and seven others for an official file, pertaining to the SNC Lavalin scam, that is allegedly missing.
Vijayan has been named the ninth accused by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the scam for wrongly awarding contracts to a Canadian company for the renovation of two hydro-power projects when he was the state power minister 12 years ago.
The missing file contains remarks made by Vijayan on the then principal revenue secretary K. Varadacharaya’s observation made in the deal.
The directive came from the Thiruvananthapuram additional chief judicial magistrate following a public interest litigation filed by advocate P. Nagaraj.
- Make Kerala home minister accused in Lavalin case: Petition - May 05, 2011
- CPI-M politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan asked to appear in court - Dec 19, 2011
- Pinarayi Vijayan summoned in Lavalin graft case - Apr 10, 2012
- CBI files chargesheet against CPI-M leader Vijayan - Jun 11, 2009
- Governor to take decision on SNC Lavalin graft case - May 12, 2009
- Antony not to be witness in Lavalin graft case: court - Jan 04, 2010
- Kerala opposition demands Vijayan's prosecution - May 02, 2009
- SNC Lavalin scam: Court refuses to include Antony as witness - Jan 04, 2010
- SNC Lavalin graft case: Kerala Governor sanctions CBI probe of Vijayan - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI asks Pinarayi Vijayan to appear in court Sept 24 - Aug 21, 2009
- Kerala editor held for article on Gulf-based businessman - Jul 03, 2010
- Kerala seeks legal opinion on CBI plea to prosecute Vijayan - Feb 04, 2009
- Pinarayi Vijayan gets bail in SNC Lavalin graft case - Dec 30, 2009
- CBI says Kerala government was partisan for Vijayan - Nov 10, 2010
- Over dozen arrested as opposition tries to enforce Kerala shutdown - May 07, 2009
Tags: advocate, balakrishnan, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, contracts, home minister, hydro power projects, judicial magistrate, nagaraj, observation, pinarayi vijayan, power minister, public interest litigation, renovation, revenue secretary, snc lavalin, state secretary