Case against Ghaziabad lawyers for supporting VarunApril 2nd, 2009 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 1 (IANS) The Ghaziabad police have registered a case against a group of lawyers who had submitted a memorandum in support of jailed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi, officials said Wednesday.
After going through the contents of the memorandum, the Ghaziabad district administration found it fit to register a police case and initiate legal proceedings against those who signed it.
Kavi Nagar police station officer Gajendra Singh said the lawyers in their memorandum used derogatory language against a community.
Following instructions from police to verify the facts, police sub-inspector Rishi Pal Singh in his complaint stated that the lawyers had violated the election laws.
On his complaint, the Kavi Nagar police registered the case against former bar association president Rukan Singh Teotia, Ram Dass Tyagi, Anand Kumar and Jai Karan Sharma.
Gajendra Singh said: “We will arrest them soon.”
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Farmer's leader Teotia fasts for sixth day in jail - Sep 11, 2011
- 18 provident fund scam accused discharged - Jun 07, 2011
- Farmer leader Teotia fasts in jail - Sep 10, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in Ghaziabad - Mar 02, 2009
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Bail for man accused of sheltering farmer leader - Jun 09, 2011
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Police-public partnership to check crime in Ghaziabad - Aug 02, 2012
- Ghaziabad farmers' leader arrested, Manvir Teotia escapes - Jun 09, 2011
- 7 workers injured in factory accident - Dec 10, 2011
- Seven Ghaziabad policemen suspended for custodial death (Lead) - Dec 14, 2008
- Case against Power Corp staff for contractor's murder - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: anand kumar, april 1, association president, derogatory language, district administration, election laws, gajendra singh, gandhi, jai, karan sharma, lawyers, legal proceedings, memorandum, police case, police station, ram dass, rukan, tyagi, varun