Cancel coal blocks allocation: CPI-MAugust 23rd, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) Coal blocks allocated to private companies, leading to a “gigantic corruption scandal”, should be cancelled, the CPI-M said Thursday.
The CPI-M said it wanted “a full investigation to fix the responsibility for this large-scale corruption. All those guilty must be prosecuted, however high position they hold.
“The allocations made to the private companies should be cancelled and steps taken to recover the losses suffered by the government,” the Communist Party of India-Marxist said.
A CPI-M statement said: “The UPA government has been found responsible for another gigantic corruption scandal in the coal block allocations.
“According to the CAG report, allocations of coal blocks to private companies have resulted in their benefiting to the tune of Rs. 1.86 lakh crores.
“This scandal and loot of natural resources is a result of the UPA government’s efforts to privatize the coal industry through the backdoor having failed to change the coal nationalization law.
“The CPI-M is opposed to the privatization of the coal industry.”
- Reverse privatisation of minerals: CPI-M - Aug 30, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- CAG reports creating suspicion, distrust: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's resignation over CAG report on coal blocks (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- BJP urges Mamata to pull plug from UPA - Sep 01, 2012
- Opposition mounts pressure on UPA, Congress hits back (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP attacks PM on coal block allocation (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Table CAG report on coal in parliament: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2012
- PM should answer why coal blocks were not auctioned: Yechury - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP stalling parliament to hide own secrets: Congress - Sep 12, 2012
- Cancel coal blocks, run parliament: CPI-M - Sep 03, 2012
- Government should not cancel coal blocks: Godrej - Sep 05, 2012
- BJP blames Sonia, PM for parliament stalemate - Sep 11, 2012
- UPA looting national resources: Prakash Karat - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: allocations, backdoor, cag report, coal industry, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, corruption scandal, CPI, high position, lakh, large scale, loot, losses, nationalization, natural resources, New Delhi, private companies, privatization, rs 1, UPA