Campaigning for Congress for its stand on Bhojpuri: Ravi KissenApril 21st, 2009 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 21 (IANS) Bhojpuri films superstar Ravi Kissen Tuesday said that he is campaigning for the Congress as the party has promised a lot of things for the Bhojpuri-speaking population in the state as well as the Bhojpuri film industry.
“Soniaji (Congress chief Sonia Gandhi) has promised to include Bhojpuri in the 8th Schedule (for regional languages) of the Constitution, besides developing a dedicated film city that will provide employment to those working in the Bhojpuri film industry,” Kissen said at a press conference at the party’s state head quarters.
Kissen, who is campaigning for Congress candidates across the state for the past few days, also alleged that no party has worked for the development of the state for the past two decades.
“Be it the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Samajwadi Party (SP) or the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), that have been ruling Uttar Pradesh for the past 20 years, they have only pulled back the state, making it one of the poorest in the country. Only the Congress has worked for its progress and I request the people to vote for Congress for a better future of the state and the country,” he said.
Kissen also claimed that the party was eager to field him as its candidate in these elections.
“The party offered me a ticket from Bhadohi, Jaunpur or Phulpur but due to professional obligations, I have chosen not to contest. However, like my father, who is an avid party worker, I am always available to serve the party,” he said.
Kissen, along with Maharashtra’s Minister of State for Home Naseem Khan, was in Lucknow to campaign for state Congress unit chief and Lucknow candidate Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
- Rahul Gandhi to tour eastern Uttar Pradesh - Nov 20, 2011
- Who'll lead Congress in UP? Not Rahul, says party - Feb 08, 2012
- 56 Uttar Pradesh assembly seats to go to polls Wednesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna: A simple soul, easily accessible (Profile) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna wants UP to clear decade-old dues - Apr 03, 2012
- Rahul justifies 'begging' remark - Nov 22, 2011
- Rahul did a brilliant job: Rita Bahuguna Joshi - Mar 06, 2012
- Rahul not to be blamed for UP poll debacle: Joshi (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- UP out of reach, Congress runs to shield Rahul - Mar 06, 2012
- Bhojpuri cine industry cries for a film city - Feb 21, 2009
- Brisk polling on in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Bahuguna downplays Rawat's dissent (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- UP elections sans fanfare this time - Jan 29, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Girls gyrate to raunchy numbers at Congress event - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, better future, bharatiya janata party, bhojpuri films, congress candidates, congress chief, film city, film industry, head quarters, joshi, minister of state, naseem, professional obligations, ravi kissen, regional languages, Samajwadi Party, sonia gandhi, state congress, unit chief