Call for Jharkhand shutdown June 10 over fuel price hikeJune 6th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 6 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Friday called for a shutdown in Jharkhand June 10 to protest the hike in prices of petrol, diesel and cooking gas. The BJP and JD-U leaders held a meeting Friday and decided to give the shutdown call for June 10.
“We and JD-U leaders discussed the issue of price hike. We have decided to call for a strike June 10 to protest the hike in prices of petrol, diesel and gas cylinder. People of the country are facing the worst kind of governance in the country,” Pashupati Nath Singh, state BJP president, told reporters Friday.
The essential services will be kept out from the strike.
“The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) hiked prices many times. People are already facing the burden of inflation and the hike in prices of petroleum and gas cylinder will further compound the problem,” said Singh. He demanded that the UPA government roll back the prices.
“The Congress slogan says ‘Congress ka haath aam aadmi ke saath’ (Congress is with common people). Where has the slogan of the Congress gone? People will teach them a lesson in the next election,” he said.
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Sushma slams government on fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2011
- BJP calls pan-India strike against price rise July 5 - Jun 29, 2010
- NDA calls shutdown May 31 against petrol price hike - May 24, 2012
- Allies, opposition target government over petrol price rise - Sep 16, 2011
- Opposition calls all-India shutdown July 5 (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Opposition gears up for nationwide shutdown - Jul 03, 2010
- Protests across Andhra over diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Tripura Left Front not to join all-India strike July 5 - Jun 30, 2010
- Strike evokes near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Opposition unity will extend to parliament: Sharad Yadav - Jul 05, 2010
- Shutdown in Tripura Monday over hiked fuel prices - Jun 25, 2011
- Rail, road services hit in Bihar amid shutdown (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: aam, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, common people, congress, diesel, essential services, fuel price hike, gas cylinder, governance, inflation, jd, ka, nath, petroleum, progressive alliance, slogan