Burdensome budget will enhance inflation: BJPMarch 16th, 2012 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Calling the union budget presented Friday “burdensome”, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said it would only enhance inflation in the country.
“This budget will only enhance inflation because of rise in customs, excise duty and widening of service tax net,” BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
“There is no vision for growth. Capital is going out of the country. There is no vision to boost investment in manufacturing,” he added.
Another BJP spokesperson, Prakash Javadekar termed the budget as “burdensome”.
“The budget is a burden of Rs.1 lakh crore on the people of India. It does not boost industrial and investment sentiment,” Javadekar told IANS.
In the union budget, both excise duty and service tax have been raised from 10 to 12 percent.
- Budget disappointing, will enhance inflation: BJP (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- In stormy times, opposition slams budget - Mar 16, 2012
- In stormy times, opposition, SP slam budget (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Union budget reflects policy paralysis, is anti people: Jayalaltihaa - Mar 16, 2012
- Push key reforms: Industry's budget wish list - Feb 03, 2012
- Realty industry has little to cheer from budget (Comment) - Mar 18, 2012
- Some positives in budget, says India Inc; displeased with taxes - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget aimed at encouraging voluntary compliance: Revenue Secretary - Mar 03, 2011
- Excise duty exemptions from 130 items to be removed - Feb 28, 2011
- Growth should be given priority in budget: CII - Jan 22, 2012
- Tax hikes to hit household budgets - Apr 01, 2012
- India Inc welcomes budget 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- Service tax rate raised by two percent (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Review local levies to control inflation: Mukherjee to states - Jan 19, 2011
- Budget will fuel inflation: Naveen Patnaik - Mar 16, 2012