Budget neglects northeast: Tripura ministerMarch 16th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, March 16 (IANS) The Tripura government Friday said the budget had neglected the economically backward northeastern region.
The ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) called for protests against the “anti-people budget”.
“There is no package for infrastructure and other development schemes in the industry-starved northeastern region,” Tripura Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury said.
“Some areas of the northeast are ravaged by the terrorism. There are no financial sops to curb this. There is no specific scheme for the region to resolve rising unemployment, the root cause of militancy.”
Chowdhury said the previous central budget had given some sops for women and youths but the latest budget had curtailed some of these concessions.
- Left government in Tripura unhappy with budget, protests - Mar 01, 2011
- Northeast seeks special package for industry, tourism - Jan 19, 2012
- Pranab to meet finance ministers from northeast - Jun 03, 2012
- Tripura to get northeast's first textile park - Oct 30, 2011
- Tripura raises employees' retirement age - Feb 28, 2012
- Rollback rail fare hike: Tripura minister - Mar 15, 2012
- CPI-M protests in Tripura against union budget - Feb 27, 2010
- Pranab mulls special package for northeast - Jun 07, 2012
- Northeastern states ask for effective industrial policy - Sep 30, 2010
- 'Northeast's connectivity issue to be dealt with' - Jun 20, 2012
- Policy to promote textiles in northeast suggested - May 21, 2012
- Northeast India's fifth software technology park in Tripura - May 28, 2012
- RBI wants banks to serve villages, says official - Sep 28, 2010
- Budget neglected northeast India: CPI-M - Jul 07, 2009
- Rail budget has ignored northeast, says Tripura's ruling Left - Jul 04, 2009
Tags: agartala, badal, central budget, chowdhury, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, concessions, CPI, finance minister, infrastructure, northeastern region, protests, root cause, ruling communist party, sops, terrorism, tripura government, unemployment