Buddhadeb slams centre, West Bengal governmentAugust 26th, 2012 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 26 (IANS) Former West Bengal chief minister and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Sunday blamed the policies of the central government for poverty, unemployment and hunger in the country.
“The government at the centre has only one policy - to make the rich richer and ignore the poor. The country has been divided in two parts: one for the rich and the other for the poor,” Bhattacharjee said while addressing a Democratic Youth Federation of India rally in Bankura.
“We have the most poor, hungry and unemployed people. China, in spite of being populous and bigger than us, is better off because of its policies. Things will change only when we all will fight against the policies of the government,” he said.
He said that agricultural productivity of the country has gradually come down because of the faulty policies of the government as farmers were finding it difficult to cope with the rising cost of farming.
Bhattacharjee also attacked the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal for the deteriorating law and order in the state.
“Not a single day goes when you don’t hear about rapes, murders, dacoity and robbery. Under this government anti-social elements feel free to do anything as they know no action will be taken against them,” he said.
Without naming Banerjee, Bhattacharjee said: “What does she want to convey by attacking the judiciary and the media. Instead, she should concentrate on the affairs of the state, which has been steadily going down since she came to power.”
- Rising unemployment due to UPA's wrong policies: Buddhadeb - Mar 31, 2011
- Buddhadeb attacks Mamata for unreal job promises - Sep 15, 2011
- Bengal heading towards food scarcity: Buddhadeb - Feb 19, 2012
- Buddhadeb slams Congress-led UPA for price rise - Nov 21, 2010
- GTA a blunder, Darjeeling on the boil: CPI-M - Jan 08, 2012
- Buddhadeb flays Trinamool for violence against Left cadres - Jul 12, 2011
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Poverty increased in Manmohan's term: Buddhadeb - Sep 11, 2011
- Question mark over Mamata's democracy, investment promises (West Bengal Newsletter) - Aug 25, 2012
- Mamata hits back at Buddhadeb - Sep 01, 2010
- Buddhadeb hits out at Mamata's remarks - Aug 16, 2012
- At Birla marriage anniversary, Mamata talks business - Apr 29, 2012
- Bengal aims at 60 days work under rural jobs scheme - Apr 24, 2012
- Buddhadeb silent on Singur verdict, flays Mamata - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: agricultural productivity, bankura, bhattacharjee, central government, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress government, CPI, dacoity, democratic youth, law and order, mamata, rapes, single day, slams, social elements, west bengal government, west bengal government kolkata, youth federation