BSP’s Siddiqui booked for remarks against Varun, Sanjay GandhiMay 5th, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 5 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party’s (BSP) Lok Sabha candidate Shahid Siddiqui has been booked for allegedly making disparaging remarks against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi and his father, the late Sanjay Gandhi, police said Tuesday.
“A case has been registered against Shahid Siddiqui for making insulting remarks against Sanjay Gandhi and Varun Gandhi during a public meeting in Bijnor,” district police chief Ram Kumar told IANS over telephone.
Siddiqui is the BSP’s Lok Sabha nominee from Uttar Pradesh’s Bijnor constituency.
The case was registered Monday evening on the direction of the district administration that had issued a notice against Siddiqui April 30, Kumar said.
Siddiqui allegedly made the controversial comments against Varun and his father at a rally April 19 in Bijnor, some 350 km from here, but the district administration initiated an inquiry against him only after a Bajrang Dal leader filed a complaint.
“The Bajrang Dal leader came to us on April 30 and provided recordings of the public meeting in which Siddiqui made the remarks. Acting on his complaint, we issued the notice against Siddiqui,” said Sub-divisional Magistrate Shyam Bahadur Singh.
“We have sent the CD to the state election commission so that further action can be taken against Siddiqui,” the official added.
- Notice to BSP's Siddiqui for comments against Varun, Sanjay Gandhi - May 01, 2009
- SP distances from Siddiqui for Modi interview - Jul 28, 2012
- Congress cannot take our support for granted: Shahid Siddiqui - Mar 13, 2012
- Samjawadi Party frustrated, says Shahid Siddiqui - Jul 30, 2012
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- Sibal apologises after Ambedkar cartoon row rocks parliament (Third Lead) - May 11, 2012
- UP Police baton charge Bahujan Samaj Party activists in Mathura - Dec 12, 2010
- Amar Singh accused of insulting Mayawati - May 05, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked for Mayawati remarks (Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Man kills daughter's lover for family honour in Bijnor - Feb 19, 2011
- Arrest order issued for Lalu Prasad for Varun remarks (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- Speaker seeks home ministry report on Mulayam's house arrest - Mar 15, 2011
- RJD hits out at Nitish for Modi handshake - May 05, 2012
- BSP stages protest rallies against petrol price hike - May 31, 2011
Tags: bahadur singh, bahujan samaj party, bajrang dal, bijnor district, bsp, constituency, controversial comments, district administration, district police, insulting remarks, janata party, Lok Sabha, lucknow, magistrate, ram kumar, samaj, sanjay gandhi, shahid, state election commission, varun gandhi