BSP’s Rae Bareli candidate charged with violating poll codeMarch 21st, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 21 (IANS) R.S. Kushwaha, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidate from Uttar Pradesh’s Rae Bareli seat, has been charged with violating the model code of conduct for using mikes without permission, police said Saturday.
A case against Kushwaha has been registered for defying the model code of conduct for using mikes and loudspeakers without the necessary permission to address an election meeting in Mirzapur Aehari village in Rae Bareli, police inspector B.R. Mishra told IANS over telephone.
Kushwaha held the meeting Friday afternoon near a temple in the village in Rae Bareli, 80 km from here, without the permission of the district authorities, said Mishra. He refused to call off the rally when he was told to do so by the police, the official added.
A notice for violating the model code was issued to Kushwaha Friday evening.
“An inquiry has been initiated against Kushwaha following the directives of Sub-divisional Magistrate Chitralekha Singh. A report of the inquiry will soon be sent to the State Election Commission after which necessary action would be taken against the BSP candidate,” said district police chief Tarun Gaba.
- Police to withdraw poll-linked case against Dikshit (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- Court allows withdrawal of case against Dikshit - May 09, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- 'Clarify on withdrawal of case against Sheila Dikshit' - Mar 29, 2012
- Court to hear plea against Dikshit March 29 - Mar 06, 2012
- Prosecution is under pressure from Dikshit, says Jolly - Mar 01, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha: Faces Arrest Warrant In Bihar - Jan 24, 2011
- Police orders arrest of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha - Jan 23, 2011
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
- Kushwaha hits out at Mayawati at first public rally - Jan 12, 2012
- Poll code violation charges against Uttar Pradesh minister - Apr 08, 2009
- 35pc candidates with criminal cases in UP fourth phase - Feb 11, 2012
- BSP's Satish Misra charged with poll code violation - Feb 10, 2012
- Court rejects petition challenging minister's election - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bsp, district authorities, district police, friday afternoon, friday evening, gaba, loudspeakers, lucknow, magistrate, mishra, model code, necessary permission, police chief, police inspector, poll code, rae bareli, state election commission, tarun, uttar pradesh