BSP to hold Dalit convention in LucknowOctober 16th, 2008 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 16 (IANS) After showering sops on Muslims at a national convention organised here Monday, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will now organise a meet here for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Dalits ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.According to BSP officials, Chief Minister Mayawati will hold the convention for Dalits and OBCs Oct 18 in the state capital.
“The chief minister is likely to announce several schemes for the upliftment of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBC community members during the convention,” a BSP official told IANS.
“Such conventions intend to unite people of different communities,” BSP state president Swami Prasad Maurya told IANS.
In the national Muslim convention, Mayawati announced various schemes for Muslims, including setting up of an Arabic-Persian University, schools in Muslim dominated areas, employment schemes and other welfare projects for the minority community members.
- Congress attacks Mayawati over Muslim quota - Dec 19, 2011
- Mayawati plays yet another Muslim card - Nov 30, 2011
- Mayawati hits out at Congress for Khurshid's remarks - Feb 11, 2012
- Mayawati misguiding Dalits: BJP - Sep 14, 2011
- PM calls all-party meet May 23 over job quota - May 18, 2012
- PM's all-party meet on promotions quota put off - May 22, 2012
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- Barabanki gets the chills, slow polling in first hours - Feb 08, 2012
- Mayawati wants Dalit on Lokpal Bill committee (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Mayawati hits back at Rahul - Nov 23, 2011
- Mayawati replaces UP state unit president - Jul 11, 2012
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- BSP slams Akhilesh's first month in office - Apr 20, 2012
- Mayawati slams Dikshit for diverting Dalit funds to CWG - Aug 03, 2010