BSP not to contest against DimpleJune 6th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 6 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Wednesday decided not to contest the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-election.
The BSP said it took the decision as “nothing fair” could be expected at a time when the law and order was crumbling in the state.
The Samajwadi Party has fielded Dimple Yadav, wife of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, in Kannauj which goes to the polls June 24. The Congress has decided not to contest.
The BSP statement also accused Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav of promoting family interests by nominating Dimple for the Kannauj seat.
Urging the people not to be carried away by the promises made by the Yadav family, the BSP said that experience had shown the contrary.
Mulayam Yadav has taken care of his home district Etawah “somewhat” but completely ignored Mainpuri and Sambhal, the Lok Sabha seats which he once represented, the BSP said.
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Dimple Yadav elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Samajwadi Party not to fight in Rae Bareli in 2014 - Sep 13, 2012
- Dimple elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- Brisk polling in Uttar Pradesh (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Somnath happy with Akhilesh becoming chief minister - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to be UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, chief minister, congress, family interests, june 24, kannauj, law and order, lok sabha seats, lucknow, party leader, polls, promises, promoting family, Samajwadi Party