BSP legislator named in Congress activist’s murderMay 5th, 2010 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 5 (IANS) Ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Chandra Prakash has been accused of killing a Congress party activist in Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur district, police said Wednesday.
Prakash, who represents the Gauriganj constituency in Sultanpur district, has been accused of killing Mayankesh Shukla alias Ranjan, 34, a booth committee member of the Congress party in the district.
Shukla’s father has lodged a complaint against Prakash, alleging the legislator got his son killed because to political rivalry.
Shukla was killed Monday night in Sultanpur, some 150 km from Lucknow, following which a case was registered against unidentified assailants.
However, on Tuesday Shukla’s father registered a complaint against Prakash and two of his associates, accusing the three of killing his son.
“We have initiated an enquiry into the case. If need be, we would question the legislator in the case,” Superintendent of Police S.V. told IANS on telephone from Sultanpur.
“Shukla’s father alleged that his son was a strong contender in the upcoming panchayat elections, but the legislator did not want him to contest the polls,” he added.
- CBI probe into Congressman's murder sought - Jun 08, 2010
- Another union minister booked in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Samajwadi Party legislator booked for rape - Sep 17, 2010
- Undertrial dies in Uttar Pradesh prison - Oct 30, 2011
- Court puts curbs on Gujarat cop's arrest - Aug 16, 2010
- Samajwadi Party leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 23, 2010
- BSP legislator, brother booked on murder charge - Oct 26, 2010
- Doctor's death: Murder case filed on family's plea - Jun 26, 2011
- Three policemen booked for youth's death - Jul 21, 2011
- Village headman found murdered; minister, official accused - Jun 08, 2011
- Two MPs, 27 Andhra legislators loyal to Jagan to resign (Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- BJP legislator's son named in murder - Dec 09, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister to face murder case - Aug 06, 2011
- Son demands CBI probe in death of Haryana murder witness - Jun 16, 2011
- Congress warns legislators loyal to Jagan - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: alias, chandra prakash, committee member, congress party, constituency, contender, district police, enquiry, legislator, lucknow, monday night, panchayat elections, party activist, political rivalry, polls, sultanpur district, superintendent, unidentified assailants, uttar pradesh