BSP legislator faints during campaigning in MeerutOctober 20th, 2010 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 20 (IANS) A legislator of the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was hospitalised after he fell unconscious Wednesday in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut district while campaigning for a contestant in the panchayat elections, police said.
Yogesh Verma, who represents the Hastinapur assembly seat in Meerut, fainted and fell to the ground in Rani Nagla village, some 450 km from Lucknow.
“Verma is being treated at a hospital and his condition is stable,” superintendent of police (rural) Anant Dev told reporters.
Meanwhile, BSP activists have alleged that the legislator was served poisonous food by political rivals.
- Cop dies, 20 colleagues faint during physical test - Jul 20, 2011
- Poisonous gas kills teen labourer - May 02, 2011
- BSP leader found murdered - Jun 12, 2011
- Delhi policeman commits suicide - Oct 11, 2010
- Illegal arms factory busted in Meerut - Jan 16, 2011
- Seven die as car falls in canal - Dec 22, 2010
- Policeman dies, 10 hospitalised after physical test - Jul 27, 2011
- Two policemen suspended for inaction - Nov 02, 2010
- Legislator booked for assaulting BSP leader - Oct 04, 2011
- BSP legislator booked for violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 12, 2010
- 10 girls hospitalised after gas leakage in school lab - Aug 25, 2010
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Two CRPF recruits collapse in training session, die - Aug 28, 2010
- BSP leader, supporters booked for assaulting woman - Jun 04, 2010
- Former UP minister booked for duping sportsmen - May 03, 2012