BSP-HJC combine will win Haryana assembly polls: BishnoiJune 24th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 24 (IANS) Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief Kuldeep Bishnoi Wednesday said his party’s alliance with the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will win in the next assembly elections due in February.
The HJC went alone in the recently concluded general elections and won just one of the state’s 10 Lok Sabha seats. The rest nine seats were bagged by the ruling Congress.
However, there are speculations that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda would try to cash in on the recent success and can go in for an early assembly election.
“The Congress is making big mistakes as they have become quite negligent in the wake of their recent victory. The INLD (Indian National Lok Dal) has lost its ground in Haryana while the BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party) has withered away from the whole country,” Bishnoi told reporters here.
“We have no competition from any sphere in Haryana and the win of our alliance is assured,” he said.
The alliance between the BSP and the HJC was forged in Lucknow June 18 in the presence of Uttar Pardesh Chief Minister Mayawati, Bishnoi and former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal.
Bishnoi, son of Bhajan Lal, was suspended from the Congress after he floated his own political outfit in 2007.
The father-son duo were upset with the Congress leadership since Bhajan Lal was denied the chief minister’s post after having led the party to one of its biggest victories in 2005 assembly polls.
BSP general secretary Man Singh Manhera said, “This alliance would achieve historic success in the politics of Haryana. We have our ideas and aims clear in mind, and we have already framed our strategy for next assembly and Lok Sabha elections.”
“In the next assembly elections, the BSP and the HJC will contest on 40 and 50 seats respectively. Whereas in the next Lok Sabha elections, after five years, the BSP and HJC will fight on four and six seats respectively.”
- BJP, Haryana Janhit Congress enter poll alliance - Sep 10, 2011
- After Hisar defeat, uphill task for Hooda in by-polls - Nov 07, 2011
- Namesakes seek to confuse pitch in Haryana by-poll - Oct 05, 2011
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011
- In Hisar, roadroller almost crushed Bishnoi's tractor - Nov 06, 2011
- Haryana bypolls campaigning ends, voting Wednesday - Nov 28, 2011
- I am not winning because of Anna: Bishnoi - Oct 17, 2011
- Hisar bypoll: Hooda has lot at stake - Sep 25, 2011
- People in Hisar voted against corruption: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- Haryana Janhit Congress not to ally with BJP, INLD - Aug 25, 2009
- Bishnoi resigns from Haryana assembly - Oct 24, 2011
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- BSP breaks up with Haryana Janhit Congress - Sep 03, 2009
- End of Lal era in Haryana politics - Jun 04, 2011
- Bishnoi races towards victory in Hisar, Congress third - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: assembly election, assembly elections, assembly polls, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bhajan lal, bjp, chandigarh, chief minister, congress leadership, general elections, general secretary, hooda, inld, kuldeep bishnoi, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, lucknow, man singh, political outfit