BSP has cheated Dalits: BJPFebruary 19th, 2012 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Feb 19 (IANS) Accusing the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) of cheating the Dalits in Uttar Pradesh, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sunday said that the ruling party had exploited the socially marginalised people instead of empowering them.
“The ’sarvajan hitay’ (everyone’s welfare) policy of the BSP government became Swajan Hitay (self and kin’ welfare). The Dalit utthan (upliftment) converted into Dalit Prerna Sthals (inspiration centres) and Dalit vikas (development) shaped into huge parks of Rs.600 crores,” BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said at a rally here while campaigning for party candidate doctor Mahesh Sharma.
“No one has ever heard of an alive person (referring to Mayawati) observing his own shraddh (ritual held after death). It was the first example,” Swaraj said, while referring to the statues of Chief Minster and BSP supremo Mayawati built by her.
“There was an open plunder of government machinery and the people cried and just felt helpless during this regime. They promised everything to the people before last polls but today, their balance sheet is zero. They have no accomplishment to boast of,” the BJP leader said.
The party said all three parties - the BSP, the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Congress - were one and had the same face, which could not hide in parliament when the SP voted for the Congress-led central government and also arranged other MPs on an crucial national issue like the nuclear deal.
“Every time a major issue came up in parliament, BSP and SP members supported the Congress by either walking out or voting for them,” Sushma Swaraj said.
She said the BJP was the only option, before the people in the country, which had no alignment with these parties.
“They all claim to be concerned about farmers but what were they doing when the Noida farmers were weeping,” she said.
“There was a well-hatched conspiracy to snatch land from the farmers,” she said.
The leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, said: “The BJP was opposed to any kind of reservation based on religion. We treat every religion equally but would not tolerate anybody sloganeering for Pakistan on a day of India-Pakistan match.”
“They are no less than traitors who remain silent on atrocities committed by terrorists but advocate for their rights,” she said.
Uttarkhand Chief Minister B.C. Khanduri said the state had offered a wonderful Lokayukta model for other states to follow and curtail corruption.
- Finally, covers go off Mayawati statues (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- Mayawati inaugurates 'dream project', says Congress ignored Dalit icons (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Dalit Prerna Sthal lacks security: BSP - Jul 28, 2012
- Congress slams Mayawati for 'wasting public money' - Oct 14, 2011
- People will reply to Mayawati in polls, says BJP - Oct 14, 2011
- BSP blames Congress for playing politics of religion - Apr 15, 2010
- Finally, veils to go off Mayawati statues - Mar 04, 2012
- Congress will instal Meira Kumar or Shinde as PM: Mayawati - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati inaugurates Rs.684 crore Dalit park - Oct 14, 2011
- BSP workers protest over statue vandalisation - Jul 26, 2012
- Parliament disrupted, quota bill introduced (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- UP 2012: Unpredictable outcome (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 04, 2012
- Parliament crippled over coal blocks, quota bill introduced (Roundup) - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bharatiya janata party, campaigning, central government, dalit, government machinery, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, mahesh sharma, minster, noida, nuclear deal, party candidate, plunder, prerna, ruling party, Samajwadi Party, uttar pradesh, welfare policy