BSP government not serious on development: Rahul GandhiFebruary 8th, 2011 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 8 (IANS) Accusing the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government of not being serious about the development of Uttar Pradesh, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday urged the youth members to help bring the party to power in the state.Gandhi also told them a Congress government can ensure all-round development in Uttar Pradesh, a party official told reporters.
“Rahul Gandhi was of the view that as the BSP government has failed to implement the central government-sponsored developmental and welfare schemes in the state the Congress should be voted to power for ensuring proper development,” party spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh said.
Gandhi Tuesday addressed the youth functionaries in the state and sought their assistance for bringing the Congress to power in the upcoming state assembly elections, he added.
Rahul Gandhi’s two-day tour of his parliamentary constituency Amethi started Tuesday.
“The Congress general secretary said that there was no paucity of central government funds for carrying out developmental projects, but due to irregularities on part of the state government developmental schemes are not being executed properly,” said Singh.
Earlier in the day, Gandhi handed over possession of 24 houses constructed under the urban poverty alleviation programme to the beneficiaries.
He also met the woman Shobhawati, who Monday came in his way to seek his help in sorting out a land dispute case. Gandhi assured her of extending all possible help.
Shobhawati Monday blocked Gandhi’s way by lying down in front of his convoy heading towards Sultanpur.
Gandhi is expected to participate in the foundation-laying ceremony of a CRPF group centre Wednesday.
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Rahul leaves Amethi to meet Sonia - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to evaluate welfare schemes in Amethi - Jan 27, 2010
- Vote Congress to end woes, Rahul Gandhi tells Uttar Pradesh public - Sep 01, 2010
- Rahul seeks speedy probe in rural jobs irregularities - Mar 26, 2010
- Rahul to make three-day visit to Amethi - Nov 13, 2010
- To be number one, vote for Congress: Rahul tells Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi blames Mayawati for deteriorating law and order condition in UP - Feb 10, 2011
- Hundreds attend Rahul's janata darbar in Amethi - Sep 03, 2010
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- Gadkari condemns Amethi re-naming - Jul 03, 2010
- Women tie rakhis to Rahul, get assurance of development - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: amethi, assembly elections, bahujan samaj party, congress government, crpf, developmental projects, government funds, group centre, land dispute, parliamentary constituency, party spokesperson, paucity, poverty alleviation, pratap singh, rahul gandhi, state assembly, sultanpur, urban poverty, welfare schemes, youth members