BSP, BJP fooling people, says CongressJanuary 6th, 2012 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) The Congress Friday again slammed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for inducting a tainted former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader in its fold and said the two parties were fooling the people of Uttar Pradesh by helping each other.
“This, it seems, is a joint strategy of the BJP and the BSP. It seems the BJP is helping the BSP in the state. They are fooling the people of Uttar Pradesh,” Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi told reporters here.
Singhvi questioned the BJP’s move to induct Babu Singh Kushwaha, a former Uttar Pradesh minister who is facing corruption charges in a multi-crore rural health scheme scam.
“How is the BJP going to prove its self-claimed piousness? It has itself become a joke,” the Congress leader said.
Singhvi said the opposition party has taken the tainted leaders because “BJP leaders think lotus, their party symbol, grows in the mud and that’s why they have embraced the mud”.
The Congress spokesperson said the move exposed double standards of the BJP.
“What is the face of this party? One aspect is that the BJP leaders accuse the Mayawati government of large-scale corruption and the other is that it suited the BJP to embrace Kushwaha.”
- BJP faces rebellion over Kushwaha's induction (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2012
- Revolt within, but BJP defends Kushwaha induction - Jan 06, 2012
- BJP needs an internal Lokpal: Congress - Jan 06, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kushwaha urges Gadkari to put his BJP membership on hold (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Embarrassed over Kushwaha, BJP targets Congress, BSP (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kushwaha's membership suspended: BJP - Jan 08, 2012
- Adityanath opposes Kushwaha's entry into BJP - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP faces criticism from own ranks, allies on Kushwaha issue - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI raids on Kushwaha motivated: BJP - Jan 04, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,