BRT corridor a success in China: Sheila DikshitJune 3rd, 2008 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday said the bus rapid transit system (BRTS) was a success in Beijing because of high sense of traffic discipline among the people there. “The BRTS in Beijing is quite successful. The people display high sense of discipline in Beijing,” said Dikshit while interacting with reporters at her office here.
Dikshit, however, parried the question whether she meant the people of Delhi were not as disciplined as those in Beijing.
“In Beijing, two-wheelers and autos are not allowed on the BRT corridor, something which we cannot do in Delhi,” she said.
Regarding the new BRT corridors in Delhi, Dikshit said the present corridor between Ambedkar Nagar and Moolchand was doing very well and the government would try the modified version of the BRTS between Moolchand and Delhi Gate.
“Thereafter, we will study the feed-back from the two modes of BRTS and then will decide how the new corridor should be implemented,” she said.
Dikshit was on an official visit to China May 24-31 to explore ways to prepare New Delhi for the Commonwealth Games 2010 and streamline the messy public transport at home on the lines of an intelligent transport system (ITS) being developed in Hong Kong.
- Will move apex court over bus corridor: Dikshit - Jul 17, 2012
- Delhi government slams critical report on bus corridor (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Retain trial-run set-up on BRT corridor, orders court - Jul 05, 2012
- Government reply sought on plea over bus corridor - Jan 19, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi government on bus corridor - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Conduct fresh study on bus corridor' - Mar 15, 2012
- Delhi bus corridor concept not bad: Court - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi government to study bus corridor report by July 23 (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Retain trial-run set-up on Delhi bus corridor: Court (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Court wants government study on bus corridor - Mar 07, 2012
- Bus corridor case sent to new high court bench - Sep 03, 2012
- More research needed on bus rapid transit system: Experts - Jul 18, 2011
- Delhi government slams critical report on bus corridor - Jul 23, 2012
- Bicycle ride creates climate awareness in New Delhi - Dec 05, 2010
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: beijing, brts, bus rapid transit, chief minister, china, commonwealth games 2010, corridors, discipline, hong kong, intelligent transport system, may 24, modes, modified version, New Delhi, public transport, rapid transit system, sheila dikshit, traffic, two wheelers