Britons are lazy: Indian-origin MPAugust 18th, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) Britons are among the laziest people in the world, a group of Tory MPs, that include Indian-origin lawmaker Priti Patel, has written in a new book.
Britons are so lazy that they “prefer a lie-in to hard work” and were holding the country back, The Sun quoted the MPs as saying.
The book “Britannia Unchained” by Patel, Kwasi Kwarteng, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore and Elizabeth Truss says: “Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world.”
“We (Britons) work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor,” it said.
The Labour party said it was “insulting”, while independent pressure group TaxPayers’ Alliance said: “MPs complaining about workers’ productivity during their own summer break from Westminster will go down badly.”
- Execute arrest warrants: Indian-origin British MP - Mar 03, 2012
- Jail term over, 55 not deported from UK: Indian-origin MP - Aug 10, 2011
- Senior Conservative party councillor Gerry Forsbrey forced to apologise after using the 'N-word' - Jun 08, 2012
- Get back capital punishement: Indian-origin British MP - Aug 24, 2011
- 4,600 criminals let off in Britain: Indian-origin MP - Sep 14, 2012
- Majority of Britons want return of death penalty - Aug 07, 2011
- British MPs draw flak for defying austerity measures - Jan 03, 2011
- Don't use British jails as hotels: Indian-origin MP - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Pay me 10,000 pounds for access to British PM' - Jan 15, 2012
- Labour MP distracts members at PM's Questions with low-cut blouse - Apr 29, 2011
- Amish Tripathi on top again (IANS Books) - Sep 22, 2011
- Indian-origin MP faces racist attack in Britain - Feb 06, 2011
- Indian-origin MP condemns release of sleep-hit burglar - Nov 19, 2011
- Indian-origin MP wants more rights for British crime victims - Dec 15, 2011
- Britons appalled as criminals not deported: Indian-origin MP - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,