British politician’s son jailed for sexual assaultNovember 15th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 15 (IANS) The son of a British MP has been jailed for four years for sexually assaulting a woman after a party.
Benjamin Boateng is the 27-year-old son of Lord Paul Boateng, who became the country’s first black cabinet minister in 2002, the Daily Express reported Tuesday.
Benjamin had “an arrogance to women” and seemed to believe he had a “proprietary right” to sexual gratification, a judge told the Kingston Crown Court.
The accused carried out a premeditated assault on a 22-year-old woman as she slept at a party in London in August last year.
He had previously been accused of raping an 18-year-old girl in Cape Town in 2006 when his father was British high commissioner to South Africa, but was later cleared by police.
“She was obviously a vulnerable victim. She was asleep. Perhaps you didn’t think of the consequences but what spurred you on to do it was the attitude you had towards that woman at any rate,” the judge said.
He was sentenced to three years and 10 months and will remain indefinitely on the list of sex offenders.
- Indian American jailed for sexual abuse on plane - Aug 16, 2011
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Woman jailed for filming kids undress for lover - May 01, 2012
- Indian American indicted for groping sleeping woman on flight - Oct 21, 2010
- Oz couple jailed for sex with 9-year-old son - Oct 15, 2010
- Mom jailed for 30 years for killing two kids - Jul 05, 2012
- Brit teacher who had sex with 15-yr-old boy walks free - Mar 08, 2011
- British mom kills kids, spends night with bodies - Jun 19, 2012
- Briton jailed for tricking women to strip naked - Jul 21, 2012
- One-legged Brit driving instructor groped girls 'as penalty for mistakes' - Dec 11, 2010
- Brit boss dubbed 'octopus arms' jailed for groping female staff - Oct 05, 2010
- Prosecutors move to drop charges against Strauss-Kahn - Aug 23, 2011
- Weight-loss doctor in US arrested for sexually assaulting his patients - Apr 13, 2011
- Indian-origin man jailed for life in Britain - Jun 09, 2011
- Former Oz principal jailed for sex attack on student - again - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: 10 months, arrogance, british high commissioner, british mp, british politician, cabinet minister, cape town, crown court, daily express, kingston, london in august, old girl, old woman, paul boateng, proprietary right, sex offenders, sexual assault, sexual gratification, south africa, vulnerable victim