Brajesh Mishra mum over Advani comments in bookMarch 17th, 2008 - 10:05 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) Former National Security Adviser (NSA) Brajesh Mishra is choosing to keep mum on then deputy prime minister L.K. Advani’s comments in his forthcoming autobiography that he strongly differed with former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee over Mishra holding dual posts in the government. “I have no comments to make,” Mishra said when told about the excerpts referring to him during the tenure of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government.
In his autobiography “My Life My Country”, to be released here Wednesday, Advani has written about differences between him and Vajpayee over Mishra holding both the posts of national security adviser and principal secretary to the prime minister. Vajpayee had overruled these objections, that Advani said were shared by other senior leaders of the government, and Mishra remained the most powerful bureaucrat in the then administration by virtue of these twin positions.
There was speculation that Mishra may skip the function at which the book will be released by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. “Why do you want to know?” he shot back when asked about it.
Vajpayee has written the foreword to the book. But he was far too unwell to attend the release function, Advani’s personal secretary Deepak Chopra had told IANS earlier.
Advani’s book comes at a time when he has been officially anointed by his party as its prime ministerial candidate.
His relationship with Vajpayee during the NDA tenure has been the subject of much speculation.
- PM, BJP leaders wish Vajpayee on his 86th birthday - Dec 25, 2009
- Party colleagues put Advani on the mat on Kandahar - Aug 28, 2009
- Vajpayee turns 88 amid health concerns - Dec 23, 2011
- Advani knew of Kandahar, say Brajesh Mishra, Yashwant Sinha (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- NSA's role will be redefined as Narayanan exits - Jan 22, 2010
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani knew about all Kandahar decisions: Brajesh Mishra - Aug 27, 2009
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Kalam releases book on President Patil - Dec 20, 2010
- China bent on cutting India down to size: Former NSA - Dec 22, 2009
- US intelligence at odds over Nepal as terror hub - Sep 07, 2011
- Team Vajpaee's final assault on Team Advani - Aug 27, 2009
- India needs more foreign policy experts: Omprakash Mishra - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, autobiography, brajesh mishra, bureaucrat, deepak chopra, deputy prime minister, former national security adviser, former president, l k advformer prime minister, march 17, national democratic alliance, national security adviser, New Delhi, nsa, objections, personal secretary, prime minister vajpayee, prime ministerial candidate, principal secretary