Brahma is new election commissionerAugust 25th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) H.S. Brahma Wednesday took over as election commissioner in the country’s top poll panel, a statement said.
A press release issued by the Election Commission said that Brahma filled the vacancy created by elevation of S.Y. Quraishi as the chief election commissioner last month.
Brahma, a 1975 batch (Andhra cadre) Indian Administrative Service Officer, has served as secretary, ministry of power, and special secretary in the National Disaster Management Authority, among other posts, the release said.
The third member of the poll panel, election commissioner V.S. Sampath was appointed in April last year.
- Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new election commissioner - Aug 07, 2012
- Election commissioners to visit Lucknow Friday - Jan 05, 2012
- Dates for assembly polls within next few days: Quraishi - Dec 16, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi says polls in Goa within couple of months - Dec 17, 2011
- Sampath assumes office as Chief Election Commissioner (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Sampath assumes office as new Chief Election Commissioner - Jun 11, 2012
- Prez poll schedule to be announced soon: Sampath (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Cover all statues of Mayawati, BSP symbol: Quraishi (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- EC meets top Bengal officials to oversee poll preparedness - Apr 28, 2011
- EC to visit West Bengal to oversee poll preparedness - Apr 27, 2011
- Full EC to visit Bengal April 28 - Apr 25, 2011
- Election Commission in Kolkata to review poll preparedness - Apr 28, 2011
- Hours before poll panel's arrival, Rs.85 lakh seized in Punjab - Dec 26, 2011
- Election Commission begins Assam visit - Feb 02, 2011
- 400 Portuguese citizens removed from Goa electoral roll - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: administrative service officer, chief election commissioner, disaster management, election commission, elevation, indian administrative service, management authority, national disaster, New Delhi, poll, Press Release, quraishi, s sampath, vacancy