Bolivia, Venezuela presidents invited to Palestine victory feastJanuary 18th, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 18 (IANS) The presidents of Bolivia and Venezuela were invited to a feast here by Islamic Students Society to celebrate Palestine’s victory over Israel in Gaza, IRNA reported Sunday.The feast will be hosted by Tehran University to celebrate the end of the 22-day conflict in Gaza, the ISS said but the agency gave no date.
Israel announced a unilateral ceasefire late Saturday after three weeks of military bombardment in Gaza that left more than 1,000 people dead and over 5,000 others injured, mostly women and children.
The students’ organisation had sent separate letters to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Bolivia’s President Juan Evo Morales, inviting them to the feast.
However, there were no immediate official confirmations from the respective countries about their visit.
Venezuela and Bolivia had cut diplomatic ties with Israel in protest over Israel’s military attacks on Gaza.
Bolivia has also sought genocide charges against Israeli officials for their atrocities against Gazans.
Appreciating Caracas and La Paz for their support to the Palestinian people, the students wrote: “The coming generations would proudly remember your courageous act.”
The students’ body expressed hope that the two presidents would accept their invitation and attend the upcoming feast in Tehran. The date for the feast was not announced.
- American Jewish Committee urges to condemn Venezuelan President after Israel's remarks - Jun 08, 2010
- Chavez to return to Venezuela this week - Apr 24, 2012
- Chavez to travel to Cuba for surgery - Feb 24, 2012
- Venezuela, US to restore diplomatic ties - Jun 25, 2009
- Chavez sends letter to Gaddafi wishing him victory - Aug 07, 2011
- Chavez vows to come back stronger after surgery - Feb 25, 2012
- Venezuela provides $2 bn for fund with China - Jul 11, 2011
- Chavez to launch re-election bid - Jun 07, 2012
- Ailing Chavez returns to Venezuela - Jul 05, 2011
- Venezuela to pull gold reserves out of US, Europe - Aug 19, 2011
- Oliver Stone admires Hugo Chavez - May 30, 2010
- Russia, Venezuela sign energy, defence deals - Apr 04, 2010
- Venezuela president goes for last chemotherapy session - Sep 18, 2011
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Venezuelan president wants Carter to join Libya mission - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: bolivia venezuela, bombardment, confirmations, courageous act, diplomatic ties, evo morales, genocide charges, hugo chavez, irna, islamic students, israeli officials, military attacks, president hugo chavez, president juan, students society, tehran university, unilateral ceasefire, venezuelan president hugo, venezuelan president hugo chavez, victory feast