Body of Telangana youth shifted to native villageJuly 22nd, 2011 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 21 (IANS) Amid tight security, police shifted the body of a Telangana youth who committed suicide in Delhi for a separate Telangana to his village in Moinabad in Ranga Reddy district Thursday night.
The body of M. Yadi Reddy, which was flown from Delhi, was taken in an ambulance to his native village Peddamangalarm straight from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad on the city outskirts.
Police arrested scores of Telangana supporters who were on their way to the airport to receive the body. They wanted to bring the body in a procession to Telangana martyrs’ memorial near Andhra Pradesh assembly building here.
Police also prevented some journalists from reaching the airport and arrested them. The arrests evoked strong condemnation from Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists.
Tension prevailed at Peddamangalarm as police were allegedly pressurizing the family of Yadi Reddy to perform the last rites Thursday night.
Frustrated over the delay in formation of Telangana state, the 28-year-old had committed suicide by hanging from a tree at India Gate Wednesday.
Leaders of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) attacked Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in the national capital and one of them slapped an official after the authorities refused to allow the body to be kept at state-run guest house.
Alleging insult to a martyr, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) has called for a shutdown in Telangana Friday.
- Telangana activists pay last respects to Yadi Reddy - Jul 22, 2011
- Telangana shutdown hits normal life - Jul 22, 2011
- Telangana leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- JAC calls for Telangana shutdown Friday - Jul 21, 2011
- TRS leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official in Delhi - Jul 21, 2011
- Vijayamma's fast in Telangana concludes amid protests - Jul 23, 2012
- Telangana town tense as YSR Congress, TRS workers clash - Jul 23, 2012
- Protest at Andhra Bhavan against assault on employee - Jul 22, 2011
- Telangana MP sent to jail - Oct 16, 2011
- Life paralysed as 48-hour Telangana shutdown begins (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- MPs prevented from hoisting flag at Telangana memorial - Aug 15, 2011
- BJP slams government over Telangana supporter's suicide - Jul 21, 2011
- 'People's strike' brings Telangana to a halt - Sep 13, 2011
- Telangana shutdown postponed to Aug 8 - Aug 03, 2011
- No newspapers for Hyderabad as hawkers join Telangana stir - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: action committee, andhra pradesh assembly, city outskirts, condemnation, guest house, hanging from a tree, india gate, jac, last rites, martyr, martyrs, procession, rajiv gandhi international airport, ranga reddy district, security police, shamshabad, thursday night, tight security, trs, yadi