Bobby Jindal blasts Obama, helps RomneyJuly 17th, 2012 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 17 (IANS) Louisiana’s Indian-American governor Bobby Jindal helped Mitt Romney raise two million dollars amid speculation that he could be presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s running mate in the November poll.
Appearing at a lunchtime fundraiser in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with Romney, Jindal called President Obama “incompetent,” and described Obama’s politics as too liberal for the American people, NBC reported.
“This president, President Obama, he cannot run on his record, he can’t run on his political philosophy so he has to attack and distort Governor Romney’s record,” Jindal said, referring to what he described as the Obama campaign’s negative tactics.
Last week, the Romney campaign fielded attacks from the Obama team over questions about when Romney left the helm of the venture capital firm Bain Capital, accused of outsourcing jobs to China and India.
“I am thrilled he’s a successful businessman. You don’t want an unsuccessful businessman in the White House,” Jindal said.
About 40 donors attended Monday’s luncheon, at $50,000 a plate.
Jindal, who supported Texas Governor Rick Perry during the Republican primary, has recently become a more visible surrogate for Romney’s campaign, deploying sharp attacks on Obama and defending conservative issues, NBC said.
This weekend, Jindal addressed the Nebraska Republican convention, where he touted Romney’s business background and was met with applause when he said the US Supreme Court made an “awful choice” upholding Obama’s health care law.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bobby Jindal intensifies attack on Obama - Jul 19, 2012
- Bobby Jindal defends Romney on offshore investments - Jul 09, 2012
- Haley, Jindal in Romney's VP guessing game - May 05, 2012
- Jindal calls Obama 'most liberal, most incompetent' - Jun 09, 2012
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Romney picks conservative Paul Ryan as running mate - Aug 11, 2012
- Indian-Americans get prime spots at US presidential conventions - Aug 21, 2012
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Bobby Jindal endorses Rick Perry for president - Sep 13, 2011
- Romney lands in controversy with 'birther' joke - Aug 25, 2012
- Obama attacks Romney for shipping jobs to India - Jun 23, 2012
- Romney promises to deliver what Obama could not - Aug 31, 2012
- Santorum wins Louisiana to slow down Romney - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: american governor, arun kumar, bain capital, baton rouge louisiana, bobby jindal, conservative issues, governor rick perry, governor romney, health care law, mitt romney, nebraska republican, negative tactics, outsourcing jobs to china, political philosophy, republican presidential nominee, romney campaign, running mate, successful businessman, texas governor rick perry, venture capital firm