Blast at Congress MP’s resort near HyderabadMay 29th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 29 (IANS) Congress MP L. Rajagopal’s resort on the city’s outskirts was damaged in a bomb blast, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Friday night but police disclosed this only Tuesday. There was no words as to why it was kept under wraps for three dayus.
Walls and windows of the resort near Madhapur were damaged in the gelatin stick blast. The attackers left behind pro-Telangana pamphlets.
The watchman said he woke up to a deafening blast.
Rajagopal, an MP from Vijayawada, said it could be the handiwork of supporters of YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Rajagopal has been opposing the demand for a separate Telangana state. He is also a critic of Reddy, who was sent to jail Monday in a corruption case.
However, YSR Congress Party leaders alleged that Rajagopal himself was behind the blast to eliminate his first wife, Padma. They demanded a probe into the incident.
- Congress MP forecasts Jagan party's sweep - Jun 12, 2012
- Jagan continues fast in Telangana - Jan 11, 2012
- Congress, TDP say Jagan trying to buy MLAs - Jun 01, 2012
- Jagan arrest: Andhra shutdown call evokes poor response (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Jagan begins Telangana visit amid sporadic protests - Jan 10, 2012
- Telangana echoes at YSR Congress plenary - Jul 09, 2011
- YSR Congress calls for Andhra shutdown Monday - May 27, 2012
- Partial shutdown in Andhra after Jagan's arrest - May 28, 2012
- Centre must decide on Telangana soon: Andhra Pradesh CM (Interview) - Aug 22, 2012
- Shutdown hits life in Telangana, bus services halted - May 29, 2010
- Congress MP raises hand at party leader - Jan 24, 2011
- Andhra MP, Telangana leaders arrested in Hyderabad - Sep 27, 2011
- Congress' Andhra MPs' forum convenor quits over Telangana - Jun 18, 2011
- Pranab appeals to all Andhra parties to support him (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,