Black money should be used for public welfare: Rahul GandhiJanuary 29th, 2011 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Aurangabad (Maharashtra), Jan 29 (IANS) The black money stashed in banks abroad belonged to the people and must be utilised for their welfare, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi said Saturday.”The Indian Youth Congress is ready to ensure that this money can be channelized for public welfare activities,” Gandhi told reporters here while replying to a question on the huge unaccounted cash stashed in foreign banks for tax evasion.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had Tuesday said $462 billion to $1.4 trillion in black money is estimated to have been stashed abroad by Indians and all steps were being taken to bring it back.
Gandhi was addressing the media on the final day of his three-day visit to Maharashtra.
He is scheduled to travel to the Konkan region of the state later in the day as part of his drive to attract youth to the Congress.
- Need to cleanse political system: Rahul Gandhi (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Largest depositors in Swiss banks are Indians: CBI chief - Feb 13, 2012
- Pranab's remarks on foreign money vague, evasive: BJP (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India commissions study on black money - May 29, 2011
- Probe black money of CPI-M leaders: Mamata - Feb 20, 2011
- Give 10 years to politics, Rahul urges youth - Jan 29, 2011
- Political parties lack democracy: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 29, 2011
- $500 billion black money hidden abroad: CBI (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- We at G20 must tackle tax evasion: Manmohan - Nov 03, 2011
- Black money estimated at $462 billion to $1.4 trillion: Pranab - Jan 25, 2011
- Why is Sonia Gandhi silent on black money, asks Rajnath - Feb 15, 2011
- Switzerland says it is 'not tax haven' - Feb 16, 2012
- Congress allowed billionaires to stash money abroad: Buddhadeb - Feb 05, 2011
- Can share Indians' Swiss bank account details: Envoy - Feb 13, 2011
- UPA government not clear on issue of black money: BJP - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: aurangabad, black money, finance minister, foreign banks, general secretary, indians, jan 29, maharashtra, pranab mukherjee, public welfare, rahul gandhi, tax evasion, trillion, welfare activities, youth congress