Black flags to PM not at our behest: Team AnnaJanuary 1st, 2012 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) Team Anna Sunday denied involvement of its members in showing black flags to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar and said it was the people’s own reaction.
“I don’t think it was done at the behest of Team Anna but it is reflection of what people feel and think,” Team Anna member Shazia Ilmi said.
“I guess this is the result of people’s mood as they want a stringent anti-corruption law and this is being not done,” she said.
Ilmi said the prime minister, cabinet ministers and leaders of political parties would have to face such situations in future too.
“He is the prime minister of the country and wherever he will go people will ask him questions… They trust him in leading the nation and the Jan Lokpal bill is on thepeople’s mind and has captured their imagination,” she said.
She said Team Anna would meet in future to discuss and re-strategise the road ahead.
The prime minister along with wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early Sunday. He was shown black flags by anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine after offering prayers on the first day of the new year.
- PM prays at Golden Temple, faces black flags (Third Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- PM shown black flags by Anna supporters outside Golden Temple - Jan 01, 2012
- Punjab Congress blames Akalis for black flags shown to PM - Jan 01, 2012
- Black flags should be shown to BJP: Congress - Jan 01, 2012
- I suspect PM in coal allocation: Anna - Jun 04, 2012
- PM begins New Year with prayers, showed black flags in Amritsar (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Rift in Team Anna, as Hazare plans nationwide campaign (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Thank Kalmadi and Raja, not Anna: Jaspal Bhatti - Aug 29, 2011
- Dalits push their version of Lokpal bill - Oct 15, 2011
- Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags, heckled - Nov 06, 2011
- Anti-corruption activists end five-day fast - Apr 09, 2011
- Team Anna member asked to leave meet after found recording - Apr 22, 2012
- Hazare campaign to feature 'corruption devta' - courtesy Jaspal Bhatti - Apr 28, 2011
- Government committed to passing Lokpal bill soon: Narayanasamy - Jul 17, 2012
- Ramdev launches attack against prime minister - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, behest, black flags, cabinet ministers, corruption, crusader, golden temple in amritsar, ilmi, imagination, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister cabinet, New Delhi, new year, political parties, prayers, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, reflection, shazia