BJP’s Naidu sent to woo TDP’s Naidu?May 12th, 2009 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 12 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M. Venkaiah Naidu arrived in the Andhra Pradesh capital Tuesday in an apparent attempt to woo N. Chandrababu Naidu’s Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
The BJP leader, however, refused to name any party or leader with whom he will be holding negotiations here.
“I am not suggesting the name of any party. Any party which is willing to support (BJP leader L.K.) Advaniji, which is ready to support the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), is welcome,” Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
“There are a number of people inclined towards us but we do not want to name any party or any leader at the moment. We will wait till the time the elections are over and counting is over on (May) 16th,” he added.
The BJP has appointed Venkaiah Naidu as the chief negotiator in Andhra Pradesh and the party is hoping to bring the TDP into the NDA fold after wooing the Telangana Rashtra Samiti.
- TRS, YSR Congress woo suspended TDP leader - May 26, 2011
- Telangana, Sethusamudram rock parliament - Mar 29, 2012
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Split UP' plan cost BSP: Opposers of Telangana 'state' - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress top brass discuss Telangana, electoral reforms - Oct 29, 2011
- Andhra assembly stalled over members' suspension - Feb 21, 2011
- Telangana Congress legislators boycott Andhra assembly - Feb 28, 2011
- Pro-Telangana lawyers clash with TDP activists - Mar 06, 2010
- Andhra chief minister owns responsibility for Congress defeat - Mar 21, 2012
- Opposition strike hits hard Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Telangana activists stone Naidu's convoy - Sep 13, 2010
- TDP's Devender Goud, Ramesh file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- TDP's Telangana leaders want party to boycott Jan 6 meeting - Jan 03, 2011
- TDP Telangana leaders to protest outside Sonia's house - Sep 27, 2010
- TDP MLA resigns, joins TRS - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, apparent attempt, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chandrababu naidu, chief negotiator, elections, hyderabad, national democratic alliance, nda, negotiations, telangana, venkaiah naidu