BJP’s lotus flowering in pond of terrorism: CongressNovember 5th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 5 (IANS) The Congress Wednesday lashed out at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for not coming out clean on relations with Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, who has been arrested for her alleged involvement in bomb blasts in Malegoan in Maharashtra Sep 29.“After the arrest of Pragya Thakur, BJP leaders have been giving contradictory remarks. While Advaniji has denied Pragya’s relations with the BJP, Rajnath Singh said she is being implicated in a wrong manner,” Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters here.
“The BJP must clarify what their stand on Pragya is. Such statements have made the intentions of the BJP clear on terrorism,” he said.
Tewari said by shielding people like Pragya Thakur, the BJP and the Sangh Parivar are supporting the people involved in acts of terror.
“People like Praveen Togadia of the Sangh Parivar are trying to defend those involved in terrorist activities. Now it is not wrong to say that the lotus flower of the BJP has been flowering in the pond of terrorism,” said Tewari.
Thakur was arrested along with Shivnarayan Singh and Shyam Bhavarlal Sahu for alleged involvement in the Malegaon bomb blast which killed five people.
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Ajmer blast case: Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody till Nov. 30 - Nov 20, 2010
- Ajmer blast case: CBI arrests 'mastermind' Swami Asimanand in Haridwar - Nov 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Sadhvi Pragya arrested in Sunil Joshi murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Sadhvi's father observing vow of silence - Oct 27, 2008
- No evidence against Pragya Thakur: Rajnath Singh - Nov 08, 2008
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Release me on bail, Pragya Singh urges apex court (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- ATS to conduct narco test on Sadhvi Pragya - Oct 27, 2008
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011