BJP’s charges on coal blocks are false: Coal ministerSeptember 11th, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 11 (IANS) Coal Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal Tuesday termed the BJP’s allegation of irregularities in coal blocks allocation as “false” and a “face saving measure”.
Jaiswal said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) did not agree to a debate in parliament as it would have revealed the party’s involvement in the allocation of coal blocks.
The Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) report has estimated that the allocation of coal blocks caused huge losses to the exchequer.
“A debate in parliament would have revealed the truth, but the BJP is shying away from truth and levelling false allegations before the media,” the minister said.
He said the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government had allocated 32 coal blocks, including 16 to private parties, without any advertisement.
He accused BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad of indulging in falsehoods by his statement that coal blocks were allocated by the UPA-II government.
“These are false allegations… a face saving measure,” the minister said.
“Anyone who has any doubts or suspicions about coal block allocations can get all details from my ministry,” he said.
- BJP hijacking parliament: Congress (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- No loss in coal block allocations: Government (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Let PM speak on coal allocation, government tells BJP - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP renews demand for PM's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Coal auction was opposed by five states, says minister - Aug 22, 2012
- NDA plans stir in parliament complex against Coalgate - Sep 06, 2012
- 'BJP stalling parliament a black spot for democracy' (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP wants PM to go, to disrupt parliament - Aug 21, 2012
- Opposition slams Narayanasamy on CAG mandate comment - Aug 18, 2012
- Opposition unites to corner government on alleged coal scam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Opposition mounts pressure on UPA, Congress hits back (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- CAG dismisses coal scam report, says no loss to exchequer (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2012
- Parliament deadlock as BJP insists on PM's resignation (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- CAG sensationalising coal block issue: Digvijay Singh - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: allegation, allocations, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cag report, coal, comptroller and auditor general, doubts, false allegations, irregularities, jaiswal, national democratic alliance, nda government, prasad, private parties, ravi shankar, sep 11, spokesperson, suspicions, UPA