BJP’s actions matter of shame, irresponsible: GandhiAugust 28th, 2012 - 1:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday asked party MPs to take the Bharatiya Janata Party head on and said it was a “matter of shame and regret” that the BJP was not allowing parliament to function.
“Creating confusion in the minds of people has become bread and butter of the BJP,” a Congress insider quoted Gandhi as telling the Congress parliamentary meeting.
She also said that disruption has become a day-to-day affair of the BJP, the Congress source told IANS.
“When serious issues are affecting the country, it is a matter of shame and regret that parliament is not allowed to function by the BJP which is absolutely irresponsible,” Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said, quoting Gandhi.
He was speaking to reporters after the Congress meeting.
She also said that not letting parliament function was the handiwork of one opposition party, particularly the BJP, that had scant respect for democratic values.
Quoting Gandhi, Dwivedi said: “I have already said that prime minister and the government are ready to debate and discuss the CAG report. The BJP is mocking the people of this country.”
The BJP has been disrupting both houses of parliament for the last six days over its insistence that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign after the official auditor pointed out irregularities in coal block allocations.
- Blackmail is bread and butter of BJP, says Sonia (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Blackmail is bread and butter of BJP, says Sonia (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sonia joins Congress-BJP war, parliament crippled (Roundup) - Aug 28, 2012
- No need to be defensive on CAG report, Sonia tells party MPs (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Parliament again adjourned, government hopes for breakthrough Monday (Intro Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sonia's message to Congress workers: Fight BJP's propaganda - Sep 02, 2012
- Sonia attacks BJP, says debate issues in parliament (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Congress defends Dikshit on CAG report (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit as BJP demands she resign (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Congress leaders attend Shahnawaz Hussain's iftar - Aug 18, 2012
- We respect CAG, says Congress after BJP complains to president - Sep 12, 2012
- Missing you Sonia, says Anna-hit Congress - Aug 22, 2011
- PM may address nation Monday on coal scam: Congress - Aug 26, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for check up - Sep 01, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine checkup' - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: allocations, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bread and butter, cag report, congress president sonia gandhi, day to day affair, democratic values, general secretary, handiwork, houses of parliament, insistence, irregularities, manmohan, manmohan singh, opposition party, parliament function, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, six days