BJP youth wing to lodge police complaints against PMSeptember 13th, 2012 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 13 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) youth wing has decided to file complaints against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, for his alleged involvement in irregularities in coal block allocations, in police stations across Uttar Pradesh.
Slamming the prime minister for his “direct role” in the faulty allocation of coal blocks, the coal block allocation, the Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) Wednesday decided “formally lodge named FIRs against Manmohan Singh”.
Harish Dwivedi, BJYM state president, told IANS that they were forced to take this extreme step as “it was clear that the UPA government would not act to bring guilty to book”.
BJYM workers would be filing formal complaints to lodge FIRs across districts in the state Sep 20. Senior leaders would be leading party workers to the police stations.
The BJP has made its stand clear on the coal block issue and has decided to “fight it out inside and outside parliament.”
Senior BJP leaders led by the Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon and state president Laxmikant Bajpayi have already started their protests against the Congress by holding a rally.
- BJP cries foul over nominee's failure to file papers - Jun 07, 2012
- BJP readies anti-Congress CD campaign (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 08, 2012
- CBI not to probe PM in 'coalgate' - Jun 01, 2012
- Parliament adjourned again over coal allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Pranab responsible for economic mess, says Sangma - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP to launch nationwide protest over coal blocks - Aug 29, 2012
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Laxmikant Bajpayi appointed UP BJP president - Apr 13, 2012
- It's a BJP strategy to avoid discussion: Bansal - Aug 23, 2012
- Logjam continues, parliament adjourned - Aug 30, 2012
- Shutdown disrupts life across UP, train services disrupted - May 31, 2012
- Kejriwal calls for protests against Congress, BJP - Aug 25, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Shutdown cripples normal life in UP - Sep 20, 2012
- Willing for debate on coal allocation after PM resigns: BJP - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: allocations, bharatiya janata party, bjp leaders, block allocation, coal, extreme step, formal complaints, harish, irregularities, lalji tandon, laxmikant, lucknow, manmohan, manmohan singh, police complaints, police stations, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, state president, yuva morcha