BJP workers court arrest in RanchiJune 23rd, 2012 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 23 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Yashwant Sinha along with more than 500 party workers courted arrest in the Jharkhand capital Saturday to protest the rise in prices of petrol and essential commodities.
Addressing a small gathering near Raj Bhavan, where he courted arrest, the BJP leader blamed the wrong polices of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government for the price rise.
Sinha was accompanied by state BJP president Dineshnand Goswami and others during the party’s ‘jail bharo andolan’ (Fill jails movement).
On Friday, hundreds of BJP workers courted arrests across Jharkhand as part of party’s nation wide agitation on the issue. The leaders were later freed.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- BJP workers court arrest in Himachal - Jun 22, 2012
- Yashwant Sinha, others surrender to court, get bail - Apr 21, 2011
- PM, Sonia Gandhi responsible for price rise: BJP - Nov 04, 2011
- BJP's drive for special status to Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2011
- Jharkhand Citizen's Charter from Nov 15: Munda - Oct 12, 2011
- Shutdown call a success in Jharkhand - May 31, 2012
- Who will BJP choose as next Jharkhand chief minister? - May 08, 2010
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Congress asks JMM to ditch BJP in Jharkhand - Oct 11, 2011
- JVM-P accuses Congress of horse trading again - Apr 21, 2012
- Thousands of Congress workers court arrest - Dec 10, 2011
- Budget will fuel inflation: Yashwant Sinha - Mar 05, 2011
- BJP faces revolt over Rajya Sabha nomination (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Left Front backs trade unions' Nov 8 protest - Oct 29, 2011
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: agitation, asian news, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, commodities, court arrest, dp, goswami, indo, jails, jharkhand, june 23, news service, party leader, party workers, polices, progressive alliance, ranchi