BJP to take poll campaign in Gujarat on YouTube, blogsMarch 7th, 2009 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 7 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Gujarat, known for leveraging IT tools in election campaigns, is planning to put up key excerpts of past speeches by prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani and Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the internet, including on YouTube and blogs.
The initiative of preparing the framework for the ’streaming video campaign’ has been taken up by the BJP’s IT cell in Gujarat which has started selecting video clips from a library of footage of public meetings addressed by the two leaders during the past five years.
“The move involves selecting and editing parts of speeches of the two leaders and preparing short video clips which could be streamed on to not just the BJP Gujarat unit website but also blogs, YouTube and Orkut,” Shashi Ranjan Yadav, chief of the party’s IT cell in Gujarat, told IANS.
“We are also gathering fresh videos and short films from our workers in Gujarat and plan to upload them after editing,” he said.
The IT cell uses a special software to prepare the videos, ranging from 15 seconds to 25 seconds in duration.
“We organised a workshop to teach our cadres the art of shooting films on camcorders and mobile phones. Such films could be added to the ’streaming video’ programme in the party website well before the candidates file their nominations for Lok Sabha seats,” Yadav said.
A number of IT experts addressed the workshop and taught party volunteers how to prepare small video clips.
Yadav, who holds a doctorate in mathematics, had launched several infotech initiatives in the run up to the 2004 Lok Sabha and 2007 assembly polls.
“The video clips will mainly target the Congress,” he said. “The BJP IT cell expects to upload all the video footages and short films by the end of next week on various websites.”
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTube - Apr 20, 2011
- YouTube removes sex video implicating Malaysian opposition leader - Apr 05, 2011
- You tube unveils live broadcasting service - Apr 12, 2011
- YouTube Unveils Face Blurring System - Jul 19, 2012
- Another Anwar Ibrahim sex video released on Internet - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Holding Hands With Strangers' Prank Becomes Internet Hit - Jun 14, 2012
- YouTube channel launched for Dubai ruler - Feb 15, 2012
- YouTube pays 100,000 pounds for British family's video - Nov 14, 2011
- J&K; wants anti-Islam video blocked - Sep 14, 2012
- Why was Guwahati molestation video put on YouTube, ask netizens - Jul 13, 2012
- New NHS video to encourage teen to use condoms branded pornographic - Nov 14, 2010
- Imran capable of making good film: Shakun Batra - Jan 24, 2012
- Modi takes campaign to YouTube, Orkut - Apr 07, 2009
- `Sesame Street' channel cleansed of porn put by hackers - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: assembly polls, bharatiya janata party, cadres, chief minister, doctorate, election campaigns, gujarat, l k advani, lok sabha seats, narendra modi, poll campaign, prime ministerial candidate, public meetings, shashi, short films, special software, video campaign, video footages, video programme, youtube