BJP to take coal blocks issue to peopleAugust 28th, 2012 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) After blocking parliament functioning for entire week, the BJP Tuesday said it will take the coal blocks allocation issue to the people and will continue to demand Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation even beyond the monsoon session ending Sep 7.
“We are planning to take the issue to the people… party MPs have been asked to publicise it in their constituencies,” Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
The BJP’s general secretaries met here in Parliament House and were briefed on the various aspects of the coal blocks allocation, he said.
Javadekar asserted their demand would only end with prime minister’s resignation.
He alleged that 17 billion tonnes of coal reserves worth Rs.51 lakh crore were given to 142 private companies for free by the government and the Congress gained financially in the deal.
“It was a black gold rush where everybody wanted to pocket a coal block before the auction process started,” said Javadekar.
- NDA plans stir in parliament complex against Coalgate - Sep 06, 2012
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP - Sep 06, 2012
- No mining in any allocated coal block, says BJP - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP to launch nationwide protest over coal blocks - Aug 29, 2012
- PM making excuses to hide facts: BJP - Aug 27, 2012
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Action, not debate on coal blocks: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Willing for debate on coal allocation after PM resigns: BJP - Sep 05, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP obdurate and stubborn in stalling parliament: Bansal - Sep 03, 2012
- Team Anna, opposition spew fire on 'coalgate'; CBI probes (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2012
- Congress questions CAG's credibility on coal report - Sep 10, 2012
- Parliament deadlock as BJP insists on PM's resignation (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Opposition parties slam PM's statement on CAG report - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: bjp, black gold, coal reserves, constituencies, crore, gold rush, manmohan, manmohan singh, monsoon session, mps, New Delhi, parliament, parliament house, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private companies, resignation, secretaries, spokesperson, tonnes