BJP to raise Goa mining scam in Parliament: Venkaiah NaiduOctober 21st, 2011 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 21 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will raise the issue of Goa’s Rs.25,000-crore mining scam in the forthcoming winter session of Parliament, party leader M. Venkaiah Naidu said here Friday.
He also demanded an independent judicial probe into the scam with which Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat is alleged to be linked.
Speaking to reporters in Panaji, a few days ahead of L.K. Advani’s yatra in Goa, the former party president said the Goa government had allowed Rs.25,000 crore worth of national wealth to be plundered.
“The BJP will raise the issue of illegal mining in Parliament,” Naidu said. “We also want an independent judicial probe into the scam in Goa.”
He added that the chief minister’s role in the mining scam needed to be probed.
Central leaders of the BJP have accused Chief Minister Digambar Kamat of being responsible for the scam, even as state BJP leaders have often been reluctant to trace the mega scam to the door of Kamat, a former BJP legislator.
- BJP fielding candidates of mining lobby: Kamat - Feb 26, 2012
- Advani to take up Goa mining scam in roadshow - Oct 19, 2011
- Goa Congress likens illegal mining to 'murder on the street' - Jan 23, 2012
- Goa mining scam worth Rs.25,000 crore: BJP - Oct 07, 2011
- Goa illegal mining scam worth $423 million: Trinamool Congress - Feb 15, 2012
- Goa Congress denies illegal mining charges - Jan 17, 2012
- BJP to meet president over Goa illegal mining scam - Oct 31, 2011
- Goa mining scam: Mines director suspended - Apr 03, 2012
- Will sue BJP leaders over mining charge: Goa minister - Oct 10, 2011
- Kamat to present facts on mining scam to Goa Congress - Oct 14, 2011
- Our report to bare roots of Goa's illegal mining: BJP - Oct 30, 2011
- Goa government lambasted on illegal mining in anniversary feature - Dec 13, 2011
- BJP to release own report on Goa's illegal mining - Oct 08, 2011
- FIR against Kamat, Rane within 15 days: Parrikar - Sep 08, 2012
- Parrikar flip-flop: Says no illegal mining in Goa - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leaders, central leaders, chief minister, few days, forthcoming winter, goa government, judicial probe, kamat, l k advani, legislator, national wealth, panaji, parliament, parliament party, party leader, party president, venkaiah naidu, winter session, yatra