BJP to meet Uttar Pradesh governor over Noida land scamMay 30th, 2011 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 30 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday said it will meet Uttar Pradesh Governor B.L. Joshi on June 1 to demand a “high-level enquiry” against the Mayawati government in connection with “a Rs.5,000 crore land scam” in Noida.
“The Noida farm house scam exposes the corrupt practices of the Mayawati government. We have gathered some evidence that indicates the state government’s role in the scam. With all such evidence, we will meet the governor and plead with him to order an enquiry,” BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya told reporters here.
The BJP has alleged that on the pretext of undertaking developmental schemes, the state government forcibly acquired over one crore square feet of land in Dostpur-Mangrauli village in Noida.
The acquired land was converted into farm houses which were allegedly allotted to non-existent companies, according to the party.
“As of now, we have information about two of the several companies that were allotted the farm houses. One is Kunal Infratech Private Limited in Agra, and the other Great Value Build Well Private Limited in New Delhi… The two companies came into existence just a few months before the allotment of farm houses,” said Somaiya.
He also alleged that several Noida Development Authority officials, including Deputy CEO C.B. Singh, evaded queries and said the allotment took place following the directives of the state government.
The BJP has also released a video CD on the “100 scams of Mayawti government” - an 11-minute documentary on the scams committed by the government, said BJP state president Surya Pratap Shahi.
- BJP accuses Mayawati government of Rs.5,000 crore land scam - May 24, 2011
- BJP wants CBI probe against Mayawati - Jun 01, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh land scams worth Rs.1 lakh crore, says BJP - Jul 28, 2011
- BSP land deals caused Rs.40,000 crore loss, says BJP - Jul 09, 2011
- BJP alleges Mayawati's brother owns airline, demands probe - Feb 07, 2012
- BJP accuses Mayawati's brother of money laundering - Dec 05, 2011
- BJP charges Mayawati with Rs.3,000 crore power scam - Sep 26, 2011
- Goa mining scam worth Rs.25,000 crore: BJP - Oct 07, 2011
- Adarsh scam: BJP demands Maharashtra Governor's sanction to prosecute Deshmukh, Shinde - Feb 11, 2011
- Maharashtra government set to face opposition ire - Jul 08, 2012
- Chavan grabbed over six flats in Adarsh: BJP secretary - Apr 25, 2012
- Prosecute Deshmukh, Shinde for Adarsh scam, demands BJP - Feb 11, 2011
- Scams worth Rs.2.54 trillion in Mayawati's regime: BJP - Apr 07, 2011
- Cops to probe corruption charges against Maharashtra minister - Jul 13, 2012
- About 200 acres of Srinagar air base land grabbed, says BJP - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: agra, allotment, authority officials, b singh, bharatiya janata party, corrupt practices, deputy ceo, farm houses, joshi, kirit somaiya, land scam, minute documentary, national secretary, noida development authority, pratap, pretext, scams, state government, state president, surya