BJP to carry out ‘PM resign’ agitationSeptember 14th, 2012 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday announced “prime minister resign” agitation from Sep 17 to press its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, cancellation of coal block allotments and special investigative team probe in the issue.
BJP leader Ananth Kumar said that the prime minister was the “main accused” in the “coal scam”.
Speaking to reporters after a meeting of party’s core group and general secretaries, he said as part of agitation, BJP workers will give memorandum to state governors and district commissioners over the party’s demands between Sep 17 and Sep 24.
“The Rajbhawan chalo (go to Rajbhawan) will be carried out in all states and thousands of party workers will take part. Every state governor will be given memorandum on party’s three demands including prime minister’s resignation,” he said.
Ananth Kumar said the party will chalk out its further strategy on the coal block allocation scam at the meeting of its national executive and national council on Sep 26, 27 and 28.
The meeting, held at party chief Nitin Gadkari’s residence, was attended by all senior leaders including L. K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.
- Congress rejects BJP demand for PM's resignation - Aug 17, 2012
- Congress leaders attend Shahnawaz Hussain's iftar - Aug 18, 2012
- Congress protest against Chhattisgarh CM turns violent - Sep 04, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari, BJP says charges baseless (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Shinde meets Sushma over parliament impasse - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP to launch nationwide protest over coal blocks - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP insists on PM's resignation - Sep 02, 2012
- BJP urges Mamata to pull plug from UPA - Sep 01, 2012
- Bitter Yeddyurappa mocks BJP leadership - May 19, 2012
- BJP slams UPA, demands cancellation of coal blocks - Sep 10, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's resignation over CAG report on coal blocks (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- BJP wants PM to go, to disrupt parliament - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: agitation, allotments, ananth kumar, arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, block allocation, core group, district commissioners, investigative team, l k advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, national executive, nitin, party chief, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, state governor, state governors, sushma swaraj