BJP to campaign for GangaMay 25th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has now taken up the cause of preserving the river Ganga and announced a panel Friday led by its firebrand leader Uma Bharati.
The initiative will focus on restoring the cleanliness and continuity of the river which is held sacred by Hindus.
The saffron party passed a resolution, starting a campaign “Nirmal Ganga, Aviral Ganga” (clean Ganga, continuous Ganga). It also stresses on smaller run-of-the-river dams, which don’t obstruct the flow of the river.
“We are not against development, but the river should not be affected adversely,” party leader Gopinath Munde said.
The party also announced a panel Friday led by its firebrand leader Uma Bharati for the cause.
The campaign will focus on the four states through which the Ganga flows — Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
- Crores spent on Ganga but pollution levels up: Uma Bharati - Jun 30, 2011
- Will gift PM a set of saffron clothes: Uma - May 30, 2012
- Hope Mamata destroys Congress too, like other allies: Uma - Jul 11, 2011
- Uma warns Mulayam against hooliganism, minority appeasement - Apr 19, 2012
- BJP to take coal block issue to people - Sep 01, 2012
- Congress keeping Goa illegal mining report under wraps: Munde - Feb 26, 2012
- BJP to support Uma Bharti's Save Ganga campaign: Gadkari - Jun 01, 2011
- NCP's revenge against BJP, retains Kej assembly seat - Jun 15, 2012
- Cannot be chief guest on Madhya Pradesh day: Uma Bharti - Oct 31, 2011
- Gadkari supports Munde on tri-partite alliance - Feb 24, 2011
- Bangladesh opposition observes Farakka Day - May 16, 2011
- Rajnath supports Uma Bharti on Ganga river's cleaning - May 30, 2011
- Vinod Tawde new opposition leader in Maharashtra council - Dec 16, 2011
- 400,000 take holy dip as Gangasagar Fair ends - Jan 15, 2012
- Holy Ganga receives 2,900 million litres sewage daily: PM - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,