BJP terms Shivpal Yadav’s comments recklessAugust 10th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday termed as “reckless and bizarre” the reported remarks of Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav that hard-working officials can “steal a little”.
Party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said remarks have been made by a leader who is uncle of the state chief minister.
“It is bizarre and reckless statement. He has suggested to officials that you can steal but not loot. He is uncle of Akhilesh Yadav, chief minister of Uttar Pradesh,” Rudy said here.
Shivpal Yadav Friday back-tracked on his earlier statement in which he had reportedly told state government officials to steal but not plunder state coffers.
He alleged that there was a “strong and calculated political conspiracy” behind the “misinterpretation” of his statement in Etah and said that he never said anything like that.
At a meeting of the District Planning Committee, Shivpal Yadav had reportedly told officials: “Agar aap mehnat karoge to thodi bahut chori kar sakte hain, buddhi lagaoge, agar inhe meetha paani doge to chori kar sakte ho (If you work hard, you can steal a little bit).”
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- Course correction if Mulayam wishes it: Akhilesh - Aug 01, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh stakes claim to form government - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- All promises will be fulfilled: Akhilesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh's thanksgiving party, with family and party workers - Mar 25, 2012
- Akhilesh is candidate for Legislative Council - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Steal a little, but don't loot' Indian minister - Aug 13, 2012
- Mulayam pulls up government over Etawah firing - Apr 02, 2012
- PM's reaction bizarre, unexpected: BJP - Jun 06, 2011
- Mayawati plotted land scam in Noida: Minister - Jun 15, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Suspended BSP legislator joins Samajwadi Party - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, chief minister, chori, doge, hain, little bit, misinterpretation, New Delhi, party spokesperson, planning committee, political conspiracy, rajiv pratap, rudy, state coffers, state government officials, yadav