BJP sticks to ‘quit PM’ demand, parliament adjourned (Lead)August 24th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Both houses of parliament were repeatedly adjourned for the fourth consecutive day Friday as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) kept up its demand for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation over irregularities in allocation of coal blocks.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day, BJP MPs were on their feet raising slogans demanding the prime minister’s resignation.
Amid the ruckus, speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house till 12 noon. The scene was the same when the house met after the adjournment and Francisco Sardinha, who was chairing the house at the time, adjourned the Lok Sabha for the day.
It was similar in the Rajya Sabha, which was first adjourned till noon by Chairman M. Hamid Ansari, and then till 2.30 by Deputy Chairman P. J. Kurien.
India’s official auditor had last week revealed that the lack of transparency in the allocation of coal blocks to private players resulted in the loss of a whopping Rs.1.85 lakh crore ($37 billion) to the exchequer as on March 11 last year.
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam - Aug 23, 2012
- Furore in Lok Sabha over coal scam - Aug 21, 2012
- Logjam continues, parliament adjourned (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- BJP disrupts parliament again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Coal allotment: Chorus for PM's resignation, parliament adjourned (Third Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal saga (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Coal scam: parliament again adjourned - Aug 24, 2012
- Parliament disrupted again over coal block allocation - Aug 22, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP protests force Lok Sabha to adjourn for day (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- After 13 days of disruption, monsoon session ends (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal allotment, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Last day of session: parliament disrupted again - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: adjournment, bharatiya janata party, crore, deputy chairman, hamid ansari, houses of parliament, irregularities, kurien, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, meira kumar, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private players, rajya sabha, rs 1, ruckus, sardinha, whopping rs