BJP slams Digvijay for remark on RSS terror involvementJuly 16th, 2011 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Saturday said Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh’s comment on possibility of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’s (RSS) involvement in terror activities was “highly objectionable”.
“This statement is highly objectionable. The RSS is a nationalist organisation,” BJP spokesperson Syed Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here.
“The Congress is doing politics over dead bodies. Is Digvijay Singh above the home ministry and all Indian agencies that he can say anything? Some people in Indian politics have a verbal diarrhoea, they don’t think before speaking,” he added.
“(Congress president) Sonia Gandhi should give a clarification on this,” he said.
Singh, in reply to a question on possible involvement of right-wing organisations in the recent serial blasts in Mumbai, said he had evidence of the involvement of the ‘Sangh’ in terror activities.
“Nothing can be ruled out as far as probe in the blasts is concerned,” he added.
He, however, clarified that he did not have any evidence on the RSS’s involvement in the serial blasts of Wednesday in Mumbai.
“If they want evidence about Sangh’s (RSS) involvement in terror activities, I have evidence but not in this case,” Singh said.
The RSS is a right-wing Hindu organisation established in 1925.
- Digvijay rejects charge of communalising terror - Jul 24, 2011
- RSS a school of patriotism, says BJP - Oct 11, 2011
- Congress refuses comment on Digvijay's Mumbai blast remark - Jul 17, 2011
- Sonia ticked me off for criticising Chidambaram: Digvijay (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Congress communalising war against terror: BJP - Jul 18, 2011
- BJP hits out at Digvijay Singh for Ramdev-RSS remarks - Jun 04, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress leaders attack BJP, RSS on terror links - Jan 29, 2011
- Anti-Muslim RSS is like Nazis: Digvijay Singh - Dec 19, 2010
- RSS workers at Ramlila ground - Jun 04, 2011
- Digvijay likens RSS to Nazis, blames Advani for terror (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- 'BJP giving moral support to Ramdev campaign' (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- After Bihar rout, Congress pleanry provides some oxygen - Dec 20, 2010
- RSS similar to Hitler's Nazi troops: Digvijay Singh - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress links Anna with RSS; 'Lost its mind', BJP retorts (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, clarification on, congress president sonia gandhi, dead bodies, digvijay singh, general secretary, hindu, home ministry, hussain, indian politics, New Delhi, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, reply, serial blasts, spokesperson, terror activities, verbal diarrhoea, wing organisations