BJP rushes emissary to resolve Karnataka crisisJune 30th, 2012 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 30 (IANS) The BJP Saturday stepped up efforts to resolve the crisis in its ruling Karnataka unit, a day after eight loyalists of B.S. Yeddyurappa quit the ministry demanding Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda’s removal.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary-in-charge of Karnataka affairs, Dharmendra Pradhan, is to arrive here Saturday to bring the warring factions in the state unit together.
State BJP chief K.S. Eshwarappa has ruled out accepting the resignation of the eight ministers, who quit to pressurize the party central leaders to remove Gowda and make Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar as chief minister.
Shettar is among the eight who submitted the resignations to Gowda late Friday.
“There is no question of accepting the resignations. Dharmendra Pradhan is arriving here later today (Saturday) and will talk to all concerned,” Eshwarappa told reporters after a meeting with Gowda.
Besides Shettar, others who have resigned include C.M. Udasi (public works), Murugesh Nirani (industries), V. Somanna (housing), Umesh Katti (agriculture), Basavaraj Bommai (water resources), Revu Naik Belamagi (libraries and animal husbandry) and M.P. Renukacharya (excise).
- BJP emissary in Bangalore to save government (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Karnataka BJP crisis persists, scene shifts to Delhi (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers may quit Karnataka ministry - Jun 29, 2012
- Karnataka crisis: nine ministers withdraw resignations (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Karnataka BJP dissidents set July 5 deadline for CM's ouster - Jul 01, 2012
- Eight Karnataka ministers quit, demand chief minister's ouster (Third Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Eight Yeddyurappa loyalists quit Karnataka ministry (Second Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP gives Karnataka third chief minister in four years (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Karnataka crisis subsides, nine ministers withdraw resignations (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Row holds up full Karnataka ministry formation, 21 join (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka CM, promises graft-free regime (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Seven Karnataka ministers loyal to Yeddyurappa offer to quit - May 12, 2012
- Karnataka gets cabinet; ex-minister jailed, Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy summoned (Night Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: animal husbandry, bjp chief, central leaders, chief minister, development minister, dharmendra, emissary, excise, general secretary, gowda, jagadish, katti, loyalists, renukacharya, resignation, resignations, rural development, umesh, warring factions, water resources